In the world of modern surveillance, capturing clear and detailed footage in various lighting conditions is crucial for security professionals and homeowners alike.Hikvision, a renowned leader in the surveillance industry, offers a powerful solution with its 3 Series Smart Hybrid Light Cameras. With versatile supplement light settings and smart hybrid light technology, these cameras provide exceptional performance in any lighting condition, making them a valuable asset for enhancing security and peace of mind.Configuring and Enabling Supplement Light and Smart Hybrid Light Settings on these cameras, Users can choose the following methods：
Table of Contents
How to configure supplement light
- Access the Camera’s Configuration Menu:
- Navigate to the Supplement Light Settings:
- Select the Supplement Light Mode:
- Advanced Settings (Optional):
- Save Settings:
How to Configure Hikvision Smart Hybrid Light Cameras
Enabling Smart Hybrid Light via the Camera’s Web Interface
Enabling Smart Hybrid Light via the Hik-connect App (Mobile Phone)
Configuring the supplement light settings for Hikvision 3 series smart hybrid light cameras involves selecting the appropriate mode based on your lighting conditions and requirements. Here’s how you can configure the supplement light settings:
Note: Before configuring the supplement light, ensure that you have configured any necessary events, such as motion detection, as these settings may be used to trigger the supplement light.
1. Access the Camera’s Configuration Menu:
– Enter the IP address of the camera into a web browser to access the camera’s configuration menu.
– Log in with the camera’s username and password.
2. Navigate to the Supplement Light Settings:
– In the configuration menu, go to “Configuration” > “Image” > “Display Settings” > “Day/Night Switch.”
3. Select the Supplement Light Mode:
– There are several supplement light modes to choose from:
a. White Supplement Light:
This mode will always make the picture colorful, even in low light conditions.
b. IR Supplement Light:
This mode will make the picture black and white by using infrared light, suitable for nighttime surveillance without drawing attention.
In Smart mode, the camera will automatically determine whether to use white supplement light based on event triggers (e.g., motion detection).
– Configure event triggers, such as motion detection, in advance.
– In regular environments with no event triggers, the screen remains black and white.
– When a human or vehicle target triggers an event, the white supplement light turns on as a deterrent, and the screen turns to color to capture more detail.
d. Always OFF:
If your camera is in a well-lit environment 24 hours a day, you may not need supplement light. To turn off the supplement light:
– Select the “Supplement Light Mode” as “Off” or
– Select the “Day/Night Switch” as “Day.”
e. Always On:
If your camera is in a dim environment 24 hours a day and you want to keep the supplement light on at all times:
– First, select the “Day/Night Switch” as “Night,” and then select the desired supplement light mode (White or IR).
4. Advanced Settings (Optional):
– You can set the supplement light to turn on and off regularly every day through “Scheduled-Switch.” This can be useful for conserving power.
– You can manually adjust the brightness of the supplement light to suit your specific needs.
– If the picture is overexposed when the supplement light is on, you can select the “ON” option to help avoid overexposure.
5. Save Settings:
– After configuring the supplement light settings as per your requirements, be sure to save the changes within the camera’s configuration menu.
By following these steps, you can configure the supplement light settings for your Hikvision 3 Series Smart Hybrid Light camera to ensure optimal performance based on your lighting conditions and surveillance needs.
How to Configure Hikvision Smart Hybrid Light Cameras
Enabling Hikvision Turbo Series Smart Hybrid Light Cameras can enhance your surveillance system’s functionality. Here are the two methods you can use to enable Smart Hybrid Light on these cameras:
Method 1: Enabling Smart Hybrid Light via the Camera’s Web Interface
step#1. Connect to the Camera:
Ensure that your computer is on the same network as the Hikvision camera you want to configure. Open a web browser on your computer and enter the camera’s IP address in the address bar. You may need to log in with the camera’s username and password.
step#2. Access the Camera Menu:
Once you’ve logged in, you should have access to the camera’s settings menu. Navigate to the appropriate menu section for configuring Smart Hybrid Light.This may be under “Image” or “Lighting,” depending on the camera model and firmware version.
step#3. Enable Smart Hybrid Light:
Look for an option related to Smart Hybrid Light or IR/White Light mode. It might be labeled as “Smart Mode” or something similar. Toggle this option to enable Smart Hybrid Light. Make sure to save your settings if required.
step#4. Adjust Sensitivity and Other Settings:
Depending on your specific use case, you might want to adjust sensitivity levels or other Smart Hybrid Light-related parameters. This will help the camera respond appropriately to the presence or absence of a target.
step#5. Save and Reboot:
After making changes, save the settings and reboot the camera if necessary. The camera should now automatically switch between IR and white light modes based on its Smart Hybrid Light technology.
Method 2: Enabling Smart Hybrid Light via the Hik-connect App (Mobile Phone)
1. Install the Hik-connect App:
Make sure you have the Hik-connect app installed on your mobile phone. You can download it from the App Store (iOS) or Google Play Store (Android).
2. Log in or Register:
Open the Hik-connect app and log in with your Hikvision account credentials. If you don’t have an account, you’ll need to register one.
3. Add Your Camera:
After logging in, tap the “+” icon or the “Add Device” option within the app. Follow the on-screen instructions to add your Hikvision camera to the app.
4. Configure Smart Hybrid Light:
Once your camera is added to the app, select it from your device list. Navigate through the camera settings within the app to find the option for Smart Hybrid Light or IR/White Light mode. Enable Smart Hybrid Light from within the app.
5. Adjust Settings (Optional):
If needed, you can adjust sensitivity or other Smart Hybrid Light-related settings within the app.
6. Save and Apply:
Save your settings, and the camera should now automatically switch between IR and white light modes based on its Smart Hybrid Light technology.
By following one of these methods, you can enable Smart Hybrid Light on your Hikvision Turbo Series camera, enhancing its surveillance capabilities in various lighting conditions.